We are Childfree OÜ (“we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy rights and is committed to being transparent with our use of your information. If you are a resident or access our Services from within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we apply the privacy protection to your information required by the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Our social platform at www.community.wearechildfree.com (“Platform”)
- Our shop at www.wearechildfree.com/shop (“Shop”)
- Our website at www.wearechildfree.com (“Website”)
- Our events at www.wearechildfree.com/events (“Events”)
We protect and grant you your rights regarding information that can identify you as an individual (for example your name, age, gender, online user name, or your political opinion or religious belief) as well as information that can only personally identify you together with other information that we collect from you (for example your IP address, your activity with our Services, hardware device ID, or your browser type) (“Personal Information”).
Some of your information may be collected, stored, used, disclosed, or shared, anonymized by isolating the information from any personal identifiers and thereby cannot be used by us, or third parties that we share such information with, to identify you.
We may store some of your information via local storage (for example cookies) temporarily or permanently on your internet enabled device, which allows us to retrieve information on your device about your use of the Services (e.g. which language you prefer or your login name).
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
General Use Policy. We may use your information to provide, administer, maintain, and improve our Services; personalize your experience of the Services; analyze user activity of our Services; provide you with support regarding our Services; engage in advertising activity; to enforce our rights and the rights of other users of the Services, and to comply with our legal obligations; or to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US WITH
Our Platform. We collect the following Personal Information when you register for our Platform or use our Platform (for example when you post content or create a user profile) for your use of and for us to manage and operate the Platform (for example to set up your account, provide support, monitor and enforce platform rules, or update you about changes):
- First and last name
- Email address and password
- Only optionally: Location and Timezone and Social media/website links
Our Newsletter. We collect the following Personal Information when you subscribe to our Newsletter to contact you at your email address and update you about our Services:
- First name
- Email address
Our Events. We collect the following Personal Information when you buy tickets for and participate in one of our Events (for example when you attend the event and share your opinion) to operate and fulfill the promises made when you booked a ticket (for example to grant you access to the event, troubleshoot issues with your access):
- First name and last name
- Billing and shipping address
- Email address and password if you create an account
- Payment information
Our Shop. We collect the following Personal Information when you make a purchase through our Shop in order to fulfill the promises we made and facilitate your order (for example to provide the merchandise to you, improve your order experience, to contact you and provide you with support or a refund):
- First name and last name
- Billing and shipping address
- Email address and password if you create an account
- Payment information
Sharing Your Stories with Us. We collect the following information when you share your stories with us in order to make this information public through our Services and promote our common cause and interest (for example by sharing experts on our social media accounts or telling your story on our website):
- First Name
- Email Address
- Age and Country of Residence
- The story you share with us (via a free text box, up to 1500 characters max)
- Whether you want to be featured as a podcast or portrait? (Y/N)
- Whether you belong to a marginalized group? (Y/N) – And your explanation if you select yes.
Please note, all of the above information described under “Sharing Your Stories with Us” will only be made publicly available if you expressly give us permission.
Reaching Out To Us. Posting Content. We collect information from you when you send us or one of our representatives an email or otherwise correspond with us directly (for example your name, email address, or statements that you make). Further, when you share information and content through our blog or as a post on our Platform, we may store this information associated with your account and anime for the period that this information is available through our Services. We store this information, including Personal Information, for purposes of reacting to your request and providing you with the necessary support regarding our Services. We will not collect information if your communication with us does not relate to our Services or future services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Automatic Collection. We make use of various third party analytic and reporting technologies and partner with third parties to record information automatically when you use our Service. Currently we employ the following third party services, each of which collects data in accordance with their respective privacy policies:
What Data is Collected Automatically? When you use our Service, or any other of the below parts of our Services, we automatically collect the following information to help manage, monitor and improve our Service, to provide you with support when you encounter problems using our Service, and to monitor and improve marketing of our Services:
When a User accesses our Website in anonymized form:
- Session statistics (click pattern, retention and conversion rate, language preferences, ad clicks, access point, etc.)
- User statistics (Age group, gender, interests, approx. geo location, browser and device information, etc.)
When You are on Our Platform:
- Clicks on a post
- Adding a post
- RSVPing to a livestream
- Voting on a poll
- Sending messages
- Activity (visits to Platform – per hour, day, week, month)
- Livestream attendance (minute-by-minute)
When You are Signed Up for Our Newsletter:
- Open rate (email delivered and opened)
- Click-through rate (email delivered, opened and a link therein clicked on)
- Bounces (email not delivered)
- Marked spam
When You Participate in Our Events:
- Browser and device information
- Session statistics
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may transfer Personal Information for processing in countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen. If you have accessed our Service from within the EEA, additional rules apply to the transfer of your Personal Information (see below).
Sharing of Information Through our Platform and Your Stories. When you submit content (such as a post or comment or share your stories) to or through the Platform or our Services, any visitors to and users of our Platform and our Services may be able to see that content, the name that you provided us with associated with the content, and the date and time you originally submitted the content.
Third Party Service Providers. We contract with third parties who help us with our Services. Currently the third parties are:
- Google Analytics to operate automatic collection during your use of our Services.
- Cloudways to host our Services
- WooCommerce to operate our Shop and facilitate your purchases and orders.
- Mighty Networks to run our Platform.
- Flodesk to send information to you via our Newsletter.
- Eventbrite to sell tickets and host our online Events.
- WordPress to run our Website.
Cookies and Local Storage. In order for our Services to work properly, our Services uses local storage (“Cookie”). By default, we use several persistent cookies (permanent or stored cookies) as well as session cookies (transient cookies erased each session). Cookies are used for purposes of authentication, security, preferences, (e.g., regarding default language and settings), connection stability (e.g., for uploading media, using e-Commerce features, etc.), monitoring performance of our services and marketing campaigns, and generally providing and improving our Services. You can review the list of cookies that we use through our third-party service providers at:
If you do not want that your use of our Service triggers Cookies, you can deactivate these through your browser settings or your device, or reject placement when you first use our Services. Please note, however, disabling cookies will either harm your experience of our Services or prevent access to some of or parts of our Services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your information. We have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to help safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your information by which you can be identified.
We cannot ensure or warrant perfect security. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
OUR POLICY ON INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Under Thirteen. Our Services are intended for users ages 13 and older only. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any information in our possession that we discover originates from a child under the age of 13.
Parental Controls. If you believe that your child’s Personal Information was mistakenly collected through our services, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will work with you to determine if this is the case and remove such information if necessary.
YOUR OPTIONS ON HOW WE TREAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information. You may review, update, change, or delete your information that can be used to personally identify you, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies And Local Storage. You may delete local storage or cease our placement and use of local storage by setting your browser or internet enabled device to disable local storage. Please be aware that local storage is important for your access of our Services and if you disable local storage, your access of our Service may be restricted or impossible.
Opting-Out. You may opt-out from having your Personal Information used for certain purposes. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
RULES WHEN YOU ACCESS THE SERVICE FROM WITHIN THE EEA
If you access our Service from within an EEA Member State, the following privacy rules apply to you.
The Purposes For Which We Collect Information From You. We only process your Personal Information if we have a lawful purpose pursuant to Article 6(1) GDPR. The following lawful purposes apply to such information that we collect from you:
- Necessary Collection To Perform Services (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR). We need the Personal Information that we collect for our Website, Platform, and Shop in order to fulfill our obligations and perform the services that you and we agreed upon.
- Consent Based Collection (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR). We collect your Personal Information for the Newsletter because you gave us your explicit consent to use this information for the Newsletter. You may withdraw this consent, and we will cease to use your Personal Information for this purpose, by your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Purposes. We may process your information when we are legally obliged to under GDPR Article 6(1)(c) (for example for tax purposes), it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or someone else under GDPR Article 6(1)(d), it is necessary in public interest under GDPR(6)(e), or for security reasons, to better understand your and others interest and preferences for our Services and improve our Services, for internal purposes (for example for auditing), and to secure and enforce our rights under GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
Your Data Rights. You have the right to correct, update and change (if the information we process is incorrect), or delete Personal Information or demand from us to release such information, as well as restrict how we use or entirely end the use such information, by sending an email to email@example.com. Your rights, however, may be limited, for example we will keep Personal Information if, at the time or foreseeable future, it is necessary for us to establish, exercise, or defend against a legal claim.
Withdrawing Consent. If we have received your information from you because of your explicit consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring and Sharing Data. We will never transfer your Personal Information to a third party or a successor of ours that resides in a country that does not adhere or cannot guarantee the same privacy protection standards as provided by the GDPR. Currently we share your Personal Information with the following parties outside of the EEA, all of which protect your rights pursuant to the GDPR:
- We share the Personal Information that we collect when you sign up for our Newsletter with Flodesk Inc. (“Flodesk”) for purposes of providing you updates about our Services. Flodesk is located in the US and applies the safeguards required under the GDPR by implementing the Standard Contractual Clauses in our agreement with them for their services. You can view Flodesk’s compliance here: –https://help.flodesk.com/en/articles/3390453-data-processing-addendum –https://flodesk.com/privacy-policy
- We share the Personal Information that we collect when your buy tickets for and participate in our online Events with Eventbrite, Inc. (“Eventbrite”) for purposes of providing the online Events to you. Eventbrite is located in the US and applies the safeguards required under the GDPR by implementing the Standard Contractual Clauses in our agreement with them for their services. You can view Eventbrite’s compliance here: –https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy?lg=en_US –https://cdn.evbstatic.com/s3-s3/static/images/en_US/legal_policies/Eventbrite_Organizer_Standard_Contractual_Clauses.pdf –https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/data-processing-addendum-for-organizers?lg=en_US
- We share the Personal Information that we collect through your use of the Platform Mighty Software. Inc. (“Mighty Networks”) for purposes of providing you the enjoyment of our Platform and support when you encounter problems using our Platform. Mighty Networks is located in the US and applies the safeguards required under the GDPR by implementing the Standard Contractual Clauses in our agreement with them for their services. You can view Mighty Networks privacy protection standards at https://www.mightynetworks.com/eu-privacy-notice.
- We share the Personal Information that we collect through your use of our Shop with WooCommerce Ireland Ltd. (“WooCommerce”) for purposes of processing your purchases and orders. WooCommerce may share information outside of the EU and applies the safeguards required under the GDPR by implementing the Standard Contractual Clauses in our agreement with them for their services. You can view WooCommerce’s privacy protection standards at https://automattic.com/privacy/.
- We share the Personal Information that we collect automatically through your use of Service with Google LLC for purposes of helping to optimize our Service, to provide you with support when you encounter problems using our Service, or to establish the marketing performance of our Services. Google LLC is located in the US and applies the safeguards required under the GDPR by implementing the Standard Contractual Clauses in our agreement with them for their services. You can view Google LLC privacy protection standards for Google Analytics at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
Parental Control. Children Under Sixteen. We do not acquire Personal Information based on consent from children under the age of sixteen. If you believe that your child’s Personal Information was mistakenly collected through our Service, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will work with you to determine if this is the case and grant you the rights under this Section.
We are Childfree OÜ
Ahtri tn 12
Last updated: 28th August 2023